Singforjesus0612

Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Right To Vote...

On Tuesday, November 4th, I am going to the polls and will exercise my right to vote. It is a right that was denied my ancestors, even up until the last century, and I don't intend to let the opportunity pass.

So, this note is not about voicing my opinion as to who I'm voting for, and why, but instead I hope to express my mild frustration with the way people tend to act around election time.

I am a bit annoyed with people, Democrats and Republicans alike, who go around trying to strong arm others into feeling the way they do about certain canidates. It is really...rude behaviour when we get into name calling and just downright rude statements based upon the persons right to vote however they choose. Because I vote the way I do, I am not a bad person, a bad christian, a bad citizen, a terroist,a racist, an idiot, an elitist, or any such thing. I am a person, an American citizen (by birth) that is exercising my right to vote in a presidential election. I have my reasons for voting for whom I vote, and I can only assume that others vote based on their knowledge and values,be it spiritual, economic, social, etc... I certainly will not get into saying people are unsaved because they will/will not vote a certain way, that's not my call to make. I certainly will not undermine another person's intelligence or integrity because they choose not to vote for the person i'm voting for. Than's uncalled for, and in my opinion just downright not a good thing.

Let's cut out the foolishness, and move on. The important thing is that we vote, I do not care, do not want to know, and certainly need to know for whom a person is voting. But if I happen to know, I certainly will show the utmost respect to you as a human being. I am not going to base your entire character on who you decide to vote for. I only wish we could all have the same respect for each other. It will certainly cut down on a lot of unnecesary mess, hurt feelings and dis-unity.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home