Singforjesus0612

Monday, August 27, 2007

I Don't Want, No Knock-Off

Yes, I used a double negative, but it is purely for effects. So, I was thinking today about the song "Shout To the Lord" and considering the part of the lyrics that says "...Nothing compares to the PROMISE I have in you..."

I was thinking about how many times in life you may have substitutes, other options for various products. For instance, if you can't afford a Lexus, you may opt for an Toyota. If your budget doesn't allow for the Kellog brand cereal, you opt for the Jewel or Kroger option. If you can't get a Coach or Dooney and Burke, you may opt to get the "knock-off" brand. What I'm saying is, for just about everything you need or want in life, you have options and for various reasons you may decide to compromise quality for price. There are those times too when what you opt for may be "Just as good" as the real thing, but if it's NOT the real thing, you do yourself a great injustice. So what does this have to do with Shout to the Lord?

Well, my thought is this, I don't want a knock-off promise, or a "just as good promise", I want the true, undefiled promise of God. Sometimes, the enemy will try to convince you of another way, or try to make what he's offering seem just as good, or comparable to the promise of God. At the end of the day, NOTHING, NOTHING, NOTHING compares to the promise I have in God. His promises are sure, his blessings make rich and add no sorrow, and when I am tempted and pressed beyond measure, it's the promise of God that keeps me. I heard another song this week that simply says...

"I don't mind waiting, I don't mind waiting, I don't mind waiting on the Lord.
I don't mind waiting, I don't mind waiting, I don't mind waiting on the Lord."

Profound, huh? I don't mind waiting, because the nature of God has convinced me that he's going to COME through with his promise, and nothing that offered to me other than that will be as beautiful or awesome. So, for that reason, I really don't mind waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home