Singforjesus0612

Monday, October 08, 2007

Just like Mom's....

So, I thought I would be kind and post a recipe my mom gave me for homemade chicken and noodles. This has become a staple in my diet, easy to cook and freeze and reheat. Tasty, filling, and healthy, it's perfect for the "soon to be" cold days. I hope you enjoy!

JL's Chicken and Noodles

Chicken Noodle Soup (Makes @ 6 servings)

2 Boneless Chicken Breasts (or other Chicken parts)
4-6 Chicken Bouillon Cubes
Seasoning (I try to use seasoning options w/ little or no salt, "Simply Organic" All-Purpose Seasoning is a good option)
@3-4 bay leaves, crushed
@ 1 cup chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
Noodles (I prefer Healthy Harvest, Wheat blend extra-wide noodles or any "Egg-Free" noodle)
Baby Carrots
Celery

1. Season chicken parts (onion w/parsley, garlic w/parsley, all purpose seasoning and/or poultry seasoning)
2. Set chicken, carrots and celery to boil w. bay leaves and bouillon cubes for @ 1.5-2 hours, or until chicken is completely cooked through
3. Add chicken broth, and continue to boil for @ 30 minutes
4. Boil noodles separately, when tender drain and add to chicken pot
5. Add cream of chicken soup, reduce to simmer and stir to mix ingredients

Ready to Serve!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home