Singforjesus0612

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Just for the sake of it...

Hello adoring Blog Fans! So, I thought i'd take a few moments just to catch up. Life is going pretty good, therefore I dare not complain.

First of all, I found out today that the result of my "solo" audition, pre-break, was successful. I auditioned, at the advice of my voice teacher though not altogether confident of my performance. But lo, and behold, I got the part. For our Christmas concert we're doing Benjamin Britten's "Ceremony of Carols", and I have a solo and a part of a duet. That makes me very nervous, yet excited, panicked, yet elated. Boy, with all of these conflicting emotions I might get a headache. And, of course, I say this not to boast of my accomplishments, but in all things to give thanks to God, and recognize that without him I can be nothing at all. And I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I am living a dream, and it's so amazing to me. The thing I've wanted to so much to happen, he's making to happen and also making me to flourish. It's not without it's pain, sacrifice and some disappointments, but truly, truly, when he does a thing, he does it well!

I'm not altogether unfamiliar with "Ceremony of Carols" as we sang several songs from it while in high school, mainly "This Little Babe" and "Wolcum Yole". Ah, sweet WY Concert Choir memories.

Oh, going back to giving Glory to God, have I mentioned lately, how absolutely grateful I am to have him involved in the small things in my life. I mean the intricate details? I mean even down to where he helped me pass a test, literally!! An "A" on my music history exam!?!? NOTHING BUT THE MERCY!!! Or i'll just say like my friend Mares, "MERCY!". One word does it all!


In other news, it never ceases to amaze me how unbelievably unhelpful are tech support. I had to call Microsoft today about a seemingly small issue, do you know I was given six different numbers and never really helped!?!? It was amazing. Well, amazingly frustrating. I eventually figured out the answer to my own issue, or rather stumbled upon the solution is more like it. Three, loooonnnggg hours it took. I stand amazed, and not in a good way.

Well, that's about all I have to say, I've been feeling a little sick the last couple of days, so as I continue typing and looking at this bright screen my thoughts are starting to muddle. So, I'm thinking that's enough incoherency for one night. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger mangagirl said…

    Congrats on your part! you never know what you can do unless you try...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home